Follow Us On Social Media:

Kaur Law Logo

43000 W 9 Mile Rd.

Suite 205, Novi, MI 48375

38750 Paseo Padre Pkwy.

Suite A7, Fremont, CA 94536

K-1 Fiancé Visa Attorney

Ready to unite with your loved one in the United States? Applying for a K1 visa can be complex and stressful, but with a seasoned K1 visa attorney from Detroit, Michigan, you get a strategic partner guiding your journey.

Kaur Law can help you navigate the immigration process, ensuring that all paperwork is filled correctly and on time. We’ll guide you through the adjustment of status or consular processing steps to attain a K1 visa. With our representation, you can feel confident in your loved one’s future in America without unnecessary delays or obstacles.

Table of Contents

Ruby Kaur is a great attorney. She is professional and she knows what she is doing. Because of her, my husband got a green card and citizenship approved on the same day today! She really worked hard and professionally with him. I really appreciate that and god bless her.
Meelad E. – Google Review

We're Here To Support You

Don't Gamble with Your Future by Navigating Immigration Complexities Alone. Rely on a Trusted Immigration Attorney at Kaur Law P.C..

What is a K-1 Visa?

If you are a U.S. citizen, and you wish to bring a foreigner to the U.S. to get married, then a K-1 visa is the best option for you. The K-1 Visa is sometimes referred to as a “fiancé(e) visa.

A K1 visa allows your foreign fiancé(e) to travel to the U.S. and marry within 90 days of arrival. Once you get married, you must also apply for their green card during that time. If you do not get married, then your fiancé(e) must leave the U.S. upon the expiration of the 90 days.

While the process comes with its requirements, our expert K1 visa attorneys will walk you through each step, ensuring a smooth application process.

Don’t let paperwork delays or mistakes jeopardize your loved one’s new life in the United States. Your dedicated Detroit K1 visa attorney will provide start-to-finish guidance and advocacy to secure your peace of mind and your fiancé’s future. Reach out to Kaur Law today and let’s talk about how we can bring your loved one home.

Navigating the K-1 Visa Process with Confidence and Expertise by Kaur Law PC

Any delay in getting your paperwork completed or any mistake made on the application form could be the difference between you being able to welcome your loved one to their new life in the United States and you having to start over again. Kaur Law PC will guide you in the right direction from start to finish to make sure that this doesn’t happen to you. Beyond filling out documentation, we will be your advocate throughout the case, analyzing everything to ensure your needs are met.

If you are a U.S. citizen, and you wish to marry a foreigner and bring her to the U.S. to become your wife, then a K-1 visa allows you to bring your fiancée here to get married. The K-1 Visa is sometimes referred to as a “fiancée visa”.

Once your fiancée arrives in the U.S. on the K-1 visa, you have 90 days to get married. Once you get married, your fiancé (now wife!) must apply to the USCIS for her Green Card before the 90 days expires [hence, you have 90 days both to get married, and for your wife to apply for her Green Card]. If you do not get married, then your fiancée must leave the U.S. upon expiration of the 90 days.

Don't Wait Until It's Too Late. Request A Consultation Today!

K-1 Visa Requirements

There are several specific criteria that must be fulfilled to secure the K-1 visa. These criteria are as follows:

  1. The individual applying for the visa must be a United States citizen
  2. You and your international fiancé(e) must be eligible to marry legally; you must be either unmarried or legally separated
  3. You and your fiancé(e) must have met in person at least once within the last two years (there are some exceptions to this)
  4. You and your fiancé(e) must plan on marrying within 90 days of your fiancé(e)’s entry into the U.S.
  5. You must satisfy the basic income and financial prerequisites
  6. Your fiancé(e) needs to be admissible to the U.S.
  7. If your international fiancé(e) has children under 21 years old and unmarried, they are eligible to come to the U.S. as well through the K-2 visa.

If you’re near the Detroit, Michigan region and need to secure a K-1 fiancé(e) visa, reach out to our qualified attorneys. It’s vital to have an experienced immigration attorney on your side to assist with your K-1 visa application. Your attorney can ensure an error or omission on your petition won’t cause a delay or even a rejection of your foreign fiancé(e)’s visa.

Kaur Law PC will assess your petition, guide you through the whole application from start to finish, and lead you through the necessary supporting documentation. We will also address any queries you have.

The United States immigration process can be complex to navigate on your own. And when it comes to starting a new life with the one you love in America, you don’t want something as simple as misfiled paperwork to cause any delay. With a K1 visa attorney in Detroit, Michigan on your side, you won’t have to wait much longer.

Choosing a Lawyer When Seeking A K-1 Fiancé Visa Attorney

Using years of experience, we’ve helped numerous couples live in the United States by making the K1 visa filing process as streamlined and simple as possible for them.

When it comes to collecting the right paperwork and foreseeing any problems along the way, having the legal guidance of an experienced lawyer is invaluable for you and your loved ones. To get started today, reach out to us for a consultation.

Skip to content